Tuesday 12 January 2010

Armageddon



بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحَيْمِ
"Dengan nama Allah yang Maha Pemurah lagi Maha Penyayang"

I finally got the chance to watch Armageddon, for the first time. I think watching it at this moment, was the perfect timing. Back then when I was small, Armageddon was just Armageddon, a love-story, so they said. But watching it now, as the person who I am, right now, means a whole lot more.

I know movies shouldn't be influencing you and such. And perhaps all these western-movies have their own agendas. Because I remembered back then when I came back from watching Constatine, I had a lecture from dad, him saying, I should watch out, because these kind of movies can 'gugat' your aqidah. I understand what he meant, though I was basically nothing back then. But I truly believe, it all depends on yourself.

You know the movie, don't you? Where Bruce Willis, or Harry and so they call him in the movie, is the world hero. By being the person who sacrifice to ignite the bomb on the meteor, ergo volunteering himself to die alone there. And you also knew right, that they are up there, to save mankind. If they don't crush the meteor, the meteor will crush earth. So much drama. Yet, I learnt something from being a muslimah point of view.

It burns me. You know when sometimes, things get so chaos, you are weakened, and tired. And there are those little little things that drives you up. I pray to Allah, I will never led astray, from this road, being a dai'e. If Harry, can be the person who sacrifice himself to save the world, why can't I, sacrifice myself, to save the world too? He was indeed the chosen one, to be left there, to die, even more, alone. And I'm not alone, I have my sisters, and brothers, and I don't even need to sacrifice my life. But indeed, I'm the chosen one. And I'm thankful to be the chosen one. Allah dah pesan, if I let this opportunity go, He will choose others. Don't I want to be the hero? Or heroin, correctly. Not in front of mankind, but in front of Him, the only one to be loved, or correctly again, my kekasih.

When Harry told AJ, "Take good care of Grace for me". I suppose, that's what I should do, in my prayer, in my night prayer, when I kneel and cry. I should be saying to my love, "Allah, take good care of my other loved ones, papa, mama, abang, adik and the rest". If Harry has so much confidence on AJ, and let AJ live, to take care of Grace, even with his absence, why can't I do that? I should have all the confidence in the world to Allah, that He will indeed take good care of my loved ones, and even everything that I got, that He will indeed gives what's best.

And I also realized, that nothing is ever a coincidence. Even though AJ got his luck, drew the stick that made him the person to be left to ignite the bomb, but no, Harry made the trick and had himself to be the chosen one. Though I can't make it to words on how to explain this, but you understand me, don't you? Whatever it is, even if we tend to choose something bad for us, Allah will always give the best for us. It's just a matter of, we like or not. We don't know. But trust Allah, He will never give things that we can't stand, nor things that are not best for us.

Ergo, I will continously pray and pray, that Allah will make me stay in this road, no matter how hard, no matter how painful, no matter how much it takes, no matter what people say. Ergo, I give Armageddon a thumbs up for the reminder. And thumbs up for having my favourite song in it.

Wish of the day: Mom's hug.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.